2015 Photography Goals with Updates, BUT FIRST SOME CUTENESS!!
• Rebrand my business complete with a new label design and new website! This is already in motion, so stay tuned for some updates!
My logo is done and my website is so close to being finished! I'm extremely excited about this because everything will be so much smoother for booking sessions, paying deposits, viewing galleries and the list goes on!
• Upgrade my camera…again
DONE!!! I upgraded to a Nikon d750 and I am quite happy with my decision! It's so nice to have two cameras to toggle between and not have to switch lenses as frequently!!
• Invest in a couple new lenses. I really want another prime and a macro lens.
I purchased a 60mm macro lens and LOVE it! Those ring shots, those tiny little lashes, the minute details will be captured now!! So happy with this investment! I still have at least one if not two more lenses I want to purchase this year, but I have to take baby steps!
• Triple my number of newborn sessions! It’s ambitious, but I think it’s realistic!
I have 15 newborns booked this year and am so excited about each and every single one!! I've been collecting new wraps, headbands, props, backdrops, baskets and knits for all my newborns! If you have special requests, just let me know!
• Photograph 4 weddings
Three states and three beautiful couples!! Tara & Ian on Music Pier in NJ, Leia & Brian in the Outer Banks, and Tiffany & Nick at a winery in New York, are all part of the SNP Bride Family that is slowly growing! So excited about their weddings! They are each unique and special in their own way!
• Second shoot 5-10 wedding
Thanks to Jami Thompson I am second shooting three weddings so far! Two in April and one in September! Can't wait to learn from you darling!
• Get to 1,000 likes on my Facebook page
Well, I am up to 700 thanks to my amazing clients!! All the shares, tags, referrals and likes are truly appreciated! Word of mouth is my most powerful marketing tool! You are all amazing!
• Hold Mini Sessions that are not Fall or Christmas themed. I have a couple of ideas that I am super excited about, but I am not quite ready to share them. Let’s just say if you love your babies and you love your fur babies, you’ll be happy!
• Restructure my session pricing structure to offer “package” options
Done. It was necessary since photography is my main source of income this year and not a secondary source.
• Get PUBLISHED!! I have been hesitant to submit sessions, but I’m throwing caution to the wind and submitting away!
• Give back to the community.
I am proud to announce that I am the official photographer for Giovanni's 21 Gifts, a nonprofit organization supporting families who are welcoming precious little ones with an extra 21st chromosome! I cannot wait to photograph these amazing little ones and their families and I thank them for welcoming me into their home to snuggle and photograph their tiny bundle of joy!
Here are two examples of the baskets - Boy & Girl
Education is extremely important to me. There is always more to learn and I absolutely LOVE to learn. I could literally be a student for life…I know I’m a total nerd!
• Complete an 18-credit online photography course that I purchased.
I have completed one credit so far and definitely need to get my booty in motion.
• Read three photography books
• Watch videos and read blogs to improve my workflow
• Focus on editing and portfolio presentation
I've definitely been getting much better at this (I think) that's to all of my sessions so far this year! I've been trying to make sure I capture all emotions and details to tell a story.
Networking is extremely vital in this business.
• Attend a mentoring session or two or three...but definitely one and I have a photographer in mind!
• Mentor newer photographers – If you are interested in a mentoring session with me in the future or want to assist during a newborn session, please do not hesitate to contact me! I love networking!
• Meet up with photographers at least once a quarter for some social time, new head shots, and coffee!!
Breakfast with Jenn of Simply BeYOUtiful Photography at the Handsome Biscuit was amazing! She's such a great lady and I really enjoyed just chatting about life and photography!
Since I do a lot of newborn photography, I haven't gotten together with as many photographers as I'd like because this winter has been nasty for colds and I don't want to risk getting sick. I've actually started using essential oils to help keep healthy.
2015 Personal Goals
• Read 14 books!
I'm almost done "Paper Towns" by John Greene and since we are a month into 2015, I am behind already. Yikes! I need to get my read on!
• Land a college level teaching position as an adjunct professor.
• Get my dance on again
I'm back at my ballroom dancing. There's nothing like a good tango to destress and mambo to feel sexy and sassy!
• Drink more water. It sounds silly, but I am horrible at drinking enough water and my body hates me for it.
• Do more yoga. It keeps me balanced, calm, fit, and improves my circulation (which I need badly because I am always freezing).
Be confident and daring!
The year has only just begun and I definitely feel confident in how the year is progressing already! I have 11 months ahead of me to knock out the rest of my goals and I am excited for them! Please let me know if you are interested in helping me meet some of these goals.
Here's some cuteness for you!
Sarah | Sarah Nolan Photography
Email: SarahNolanPhotography@yahoo.com | FB: facebook.com/SarahNolanPhotography | IG: @SarahNolanPhoto